Some radical decisions being taken here...

Here's one.

Monday is Desert Island Day.

I leave my phone at home and my laptop turned off and I venture out. The idea is to take a proper break one day a week.

I was a little unsure about what might happen if I am taken ill and need an ambulance, but since I have never been taken ill or ever been inside an ambulance this seems to be a rare occurrence. Anyway I'm not actually going to a desert island, so there'll usually be someone who can phone if they find me supine and unresponsive.

And what to do? Well it is a bit sad that lots of my favourite things are closed on Mondays, like museums, galleries etc., but the Mériadeck library is open Monday afternoons. I've now lived in Bordeaux for over 12 years and never yet visited this awesome place. The parks are open, as are many shops and cafés, the cinemas etc.

Why this stern action? Well both Pat and I have had grumbling health issues this autumn - in my case niggling asthma and shingles. So we're trying a couple of things. Hypoallergenic detergent, for example. A new regime of early nights (we'll see how long that one lasts). And a weekly break from everyone and everything.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen