24 years of photographs

I'm pretty sure that when we got married and went on honeymoon I had an Olympus Pen EE3 half-frame camera. It was great. It took no batteries and was as reliable as can be. It took great photos, though the processing was expensive!

After a while I bought the best camera I ever had. Now I had slr cameras over the years. First a Zenith E that I bought as a student and sold on. That was followed by a Cosina CSM - really good! Then came a Nikon FE, I think, bought second-hand, and then a Canon Eos 300. That was my last slr.

No, the best camera I ever had was an Olympus mju2. Quick, easy to use, a splendid lens, a good focusing and exposure system, some of my favourite photos were taken with this camera.

Digital cameras became cheaper, with the prospect of immediate photos and no processing charge. There followed a little list of cameras like the Olympus C3000 (refurbished from Morgan Computers!), a compact Olympus C2/D230, a really natty little Minolta X20, which was very good at foliage!

Soon after that came the camera-phones, and separate cameras were never quite so convenient, though we enjoyed our Lumix FZ3 and our TZ1 - with splendid fast lenses. Indeed, we still have them.. But the camera-phone is always in your pocket.

I still pine after that mju2. If someone would make a digital camera with a good, fast, non-zoom lens - preferably 35mm equivalent - and a good focusing and exposure system at a reasonable price, I know they would sell at least one.

Perhaps they have. Perhaps it's the camera-phone in my pocket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen